Wearing Invisalign braces can be an appropriate method to tackle the problem of having poor teeth alignment. Despite the advantages and popularity of this orthodontic procedure, many people remain puzzled about it. With this in mind, we have decided to provide answers to the most frequently asked questions about Invisalign. Please read the sections below if you have any queries related to this topic.
What Is An Invisalign?
Invisalign is a brand of clear orthodontic aligners that reposition your teeth into a better position over time.
Is Invisalign Really Better Than Traditional Metal Braces?
Since clear aligners are less intrusive and more comfortable than traditional metal ones, most people choose Invisalign aligners over traditional ones. Invisalign requires less time than traditional braces in many circumstances. There are fewer emergency visits as Invisalign does not have damaged wires or brackets. Sharp metal components will also not pierce the inside of your mouth.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Your dentist will build a set of clear orthodontic aligners for you that will gradually shift your teeth into correct alignment. The first aligner is similar to your existing alignment, with minor adjustments to straighten your teeth. As your teeth shift into proper alignment, your dental expert will replace the aligners as needed, with each aligner gradually driving your teeth into an ideal position.
How Much Do Invisalign Cost?
The amount of money spent on dental procedures differs from person to person. It varies based on the patient’s needs. Invisalign is no different. Several factors determine the price of Invisalign. We’ve included them in the following pointers:
- The cost of living in the region where the dentist’s office is situated.
- The amount of time and work required to complete the Invisalign procedure.
- The money charged by the orthodontist or dentist
- Cost of booking appointments at the dental office
Getting Invisalign braces can cost anywhere from $3000 to $7000 or more. At first, the price may appear to be excessive. But have faith in us! Every dollar you spend on this Invisalign treatment will be repaid to you in benefits.
What Are The Advantages Of Invisalign?
Invisalign is considered a perfect orthodontic option in today’s time due to certain reasons. Some of the major benefits of getting Invisalign are:
- In the case of Invisalign, aligners made of smooth plastic are used. As a result, they are nearly undetectable. There’s no way your smile’s attractiveness will be compromised. On the other hand, wearing traditional metal braces can lead to the visibility of metal chunks while talking or smiling.
- It will be simple to remove and replace the Invisalign aligners. As a result, you’ll have no trouble carrying out actions like brushing and flossing, which are necessary for good dental health.
- Invisalign braces are more effective than traditional orthodontic braces that are available at a dentist’s office. They also produce excellent results within a short amount of time. This means you’ll go to the dentist less frequently.
- The Invisalign system gradually shifts your teeth into the ideal position. You will have to face minimal to no discomfort, which is not the case with typical metal braces.
What Criteria Should Be Fulfilled Before Getting Invisalign?
Invisalign therapy is not suitable for everyone. To obtain Invisalign, you must meet the requirements listed below.
- If you smoke, you should stop smoking after undergoing Invisalign treatment. This behavior might lead to the formation of stains on the aligners, making them appear unsightly.
- You must have the patience to follow the dentist’s directions. To achieve the best results, you must wear the Invisalign braces for at least 20 hours per day.
- Invisalign is not the ideal solution if you have serious tooth problems.
- Invisalign should not be used in the case of children. Alternatively, they can use typical metal braces.
We hope that you now have an answer to common queries regarding Invisalign treatment. Book an appointment at Excel Dental if you are looking for the best Invisalign treatment in Missouri City, Texas, and nearby.